Greyhounds and Knitting

Or alternatly titled, "Bridget Struggles to Knit Something Other Than Socks and Occasionally Posts Pictures of Her Greyounds"

Monday, May 21, 2007

Tofutsies tidal wave socks finished!

pattern: Tidal Wave (pdh)
yarn: Tofutsies
Color: 723 Put Your Foot Down
needles: addi turbo 2.0 mm
Changes: used a short row (sherman) heel

I probably should have gone with the pattern on these and done a heel flap/turned heel but I've been on a sherman heel kick and decided to put it on these. They fit fine but the short row heel pulls down the ankle so they ended up a little shorter then they would have been. This may be just fine really though since these are summer socks and don't really need to be very tall.

Now, a word about the yarn. In short, I love it. It is light weight, creates a cushy tight fabric, and has a pretty sheen to it. I've only worn and washed once but seems to be wearing fine. No breaks or knots in the skein. I also had plenty left. Maybe enough for some baby socks or hat. You can see from the photo on the right that I got different striping on the feet. I think I had a few stitches more that I picked up after the heel on the sock on the left.

I will definitely be getting more tofutsies.

3 Comments:

At 11:10 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Cute socks -- nice to hear you like the yarn, it's one I've been meaning to try.

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Leigh said...

Very nice! I just snagged some Tofutsies on vacation, and can't wait to try it myself. I'm torn, though - I also got some Bearfoot sock yarn, too. *drool*

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

I'd love to see your sock drawer, it must look like a rainbow. Very pretty!
Li

 

Post a Comment

<< Home