Greyhounds and Knitting

Or alternatly titled, "Bridget Struggles to Knit Something Other Than Socks and Occasionally Posts Pictures of Her Greyounds"

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Regia Jaywalkers


Regia Jaywalkers

The '70s called and they want their socks back!

Yarn: regia (not sure what color)
Pattern: Jawalker
Needles: 2 Inox 2.5 mm circs
Modification: Sherman Heel

I got this yarn as a gift from Cindi when she went to Germany. I used these socks as car knitting or knitting where I needed to be able to pick them up and put them down in the middle of a row where needed. In otherwords, easy knitting! They fit perfectly, have been through the wash, have softened up, and I think will wear well. The Inox needles are okay, the point is really sharp but the join isn't as smooth as the addi turbos. I think the join is an issue for a tight knitter but not as much for a looser one. I don't find them unusuable or anything.



My 3rd completed pair of Jaywalkers!



And what I really like about these socks?
They are almost a perfect match!

5 Comments:

At 5:28 PM, Blogger Leigh said...

Whooo! Pretty! So what do you think about the Jaywalker pattern? I'm tempted to try it, but I'm not sure... seems intimidating for some reason.

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Zarzuela said...

They look great!

P.S. Can you send me an e-mail address that I can use for your Summer of Socks entry? You didn't include one and I'll need it during the along. Thanks!

Jessica [at] zarzuelaknitsandcrochets [dot] com

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger aija said...

Wow, they lined up perfectly! Looking good :)

 
At 2:56 AM, Blogger Casa Pearl said...

They are gorgeous! I think this is going to be my next pattern choice but I doubt I'll get the line up you did.

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Leigh said...

Hi again! I started the Waving Lace socks - thanks for your vote of confidence! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home