Greyhounds and Knitting

Or alternatly titled, "Bridget Struggles to Knit Something Other Than Socks and Occasionally Posts Pictures of Her Greyounds"

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Big Sock Knitting Update










Pattern: Fake Argyle
Yarn: Monarch (not sure about the color)
Needles: Inox 2.5 mm

Note the beauty of the Sherman Heel!


This has been one of my more successful sock starts. Lately I have had a really hard time deciding what sock pattern I want to knit with what yarn.
I've really wanted to knit with the new Wollmeise but I haven't been able to pick out what pattern to use. After several starts in different patterns, I feel pretty good about this start of a Charade Sock (pdf).


The pattern shows off the colors pretty well. Looks very fall! I started with addi turbo 2.5 mm and went to 2 mm after a couple inches.


I also started an Embossed Leaves Sock:


The yarn is STR and I think the color is called Falcon's Eye. I love the sage green and cream but wasn't quite expecting it to stripe this strongly. I used addi 2 mm because I like a fitted sock but I think I'd go up to 2.5 mm. The leaf pattern is really engaging so I don't think I'll mind ripping back.


And finally, I didn't get a modeled shot of my Black Bunny Fibers Knitty's Falling Leaves Socks so here you go:



I love these socks!

3 Comments:

At 11:48 PM, Blogger IHateToast said...

my favourites are the fake argyle ones, because the zigzag works so well with the electric blue. i just love those vivid colours.

 
At 6:22 AM, Blogger Kristi aka Fiber Fool said...

Ooo, the Sherman heel looks great with that yarn! I'll have to do one without contrasting heels here soon :-)

 
At 6:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good words.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home