Greyhounds and Knitting

Or alternatly titled, "Bridget Struggles to Knit Something Other Than Socks and Occasionally Posts Pictures of Her Greyounds"

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Monarch "Fake Argyle" Finished



Pattern: Fake Argyle
Yarn: Monarch (can't remember what color!)
Needles: Inox 2.5 mm 1st sock and knitpicks 2.5 for 2nd

I love the bright color of these! I'm glad to be done but it was so hot I didn't feel like putting them on to take the pictures. Anyway, this yarn is very nice to work with. I have some really pretty in the shades of teal I have been waiting to use for the right pattern.

About the pattern, I basically took the stitch pattern and applied it to my own favorite cast on, heel, etc. which is what the author advices. She also asks that anyone using this pattern not use it to try to take over the world. Damn! My diabolical plans must be put on hold. I really wanted to do something other than ribbing for the top and we all know my toe up picots don't stand up - not that picot was what i would have gone with anyway, but just sayin'. It just seems like there should be some better options for sock tops.

Here I tried a kind of chevron idea that I adapted from something on a Nancy Bush sock pattern. Alas, I finally just decided to go with ribbing for the tops after spending way to much time trying to make something look good.


Love the knitpics circs. Great tip and join. Ordered some in size zero and the More Sensational Knitted Socks book which I'm really looking forward to getting.

A last look at these, noting the beauty of the Sherman Heel, oh and my first time doing the EZ Sewn Bind Off and it worked great! I'd been intimidated by the "sewn" part.

Now to cast on the 2nd of the Wollmeise Charade Socks.

2 Comments:

At 5:44 PM, Blogger Val said...

I think it's Rainier.

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger aija said...

Very nice color!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home