Greyhounds and Knitting

Or alternatly titled, "Bridget Struggles to Knit Something Other Than Socks and Occasionally Posts Pictures of Her Greyounds"

Thursday, November 01, 2007

FO: Opal New Years Day Socks


Opal New Years Day Socks
Originally uploaded by fidelisgreyhounds.


Yarn: Opal Hagebutte / Rosehip
Pattern: Dipsy Doodle's New Years Day Socks
Needles: Addi Circs size 1
Mods: Short Row "Sherman" heel


I've had this yarn in my stash forever. I don't think I would have ever used it because it looks so muddled. Thanks to Ravelry where you can look up what other people did with a particular yarn, I saw some monkeys that looked pretty good so I decided to try this pattern. I like it alot. It looks good and is a fast easily memorized knit.


I started these:



The Pattern is from More Sensational Knitted Socks and is called Crosshatch Lace. The yarn is Black Bunny Merino/Tencel. It's very soft and pretty. I am really interested to see how it will wear.

5 Comments:

At 7:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love that part about ravelry the most. the stash. no more stash scarves for me after these two.

and you'll be proud of me. i'm knitting socks soon. whee. maybe i'll even knit greyhound booties.

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

wow, those Crosshatch Lace socks are just gorgeous! I too can't wait to see the finished item. The pattern seems to be making the most of the colors in your yarn, and to their best advantage too. Absolutely gorgeous!! Now I'm repeating myself. LOL

Have a great day :)

 
At 9:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your Crosshatch Lace socks. The yarn is really beautiful.

I knit up a pair of socks with Opal and the color of the yarn, IMO, was horrid, but then turned out really great. Besides, they are my favorite pair of socks. They are SO soft, and they wear, and wear, and wear. I hope you enjoy your Opal socks as much as I do mine.

HAPPY NEW YEAR :)

 
At 12:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

 
At 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home